LG is known for its experiments with the smartphone form factor. The company was planning to release a device with a stretchable display, then it releases a special case for its flagship LG V60 ThinQ, which turns it to be like the Galaxy Fold.
And today, a video of a new device from the Koreans has leaked to the Network. In it, you can see a smartphone called Wing, which has an additional display on board that can be rotated along an axis. The advantage of this design, according to the Android Authority, is that it can multitask.
The second display will allow users to receive calls or control music without having to exit the required application. The video suggests that this functionality will be especially useful when driving.
The video is rumored to show a pre-sale version of the smartphone, confirming a previous leak that said the smartphone would start shipping before the end of the year.
Also, along with the video, some speculation about the characteristics of the LG Wing appeared. The smartphone is rumored to be powered by a Snapdragon 7xx chipset with support for 5G networks and has a 64-megapixel main camera.
Interestingly, the video does not show any cutouts or holes for the front camera. This also made it possible to fantasize about the presence of a front camera under the display. But, most likely, it will be built into the second screen.
LG Q92 5G announced with Snapdragon 765G and punch-hole display
LG has a plan to bring some fresh air for its struggling smartphone division. The company started with the release of the LG Velvet 5G a smartphone featuring a 2020 design language, good cameras, and 5G connectivity. Unfortunately, its 5G connectivity does not come by the use of a Snapdragon 865 SoC, but thanks to the Snapdragon 765G. LG is aware of the fact that the LG Velvet 5G alone won’t be enough to attract a wave of customers. For that reason, the company wants to revamp its mid-range portfolio with smartphones offering support for the fifth-gen networks. Based on this, the company announced the LG Q92 5G which is a more affordable smartphone featuring the very same Snapdragon 765G chipset.
LG Q92 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 PunchHole Display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with LG UX
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP depth sensor, 2MP macro camera
- 32MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- Dimensions: 166.5×77.3×8.5mm; Weight: 193g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging