Back in 2018, Samsung was about to give its first steps in the world of wireless chargers for its products. The company unveiled the Wireless Charger Duo with the promise of simultaneous charge for your Galaxy Note and Watch device. Two years have passed, and wireless charging is pretty much consolidated in most of Samsung premium offerings. Now, the company is gearing up to unveil a new wireless charger dubbed Samsung Wireless Charger Pad Trio. As the name suggests, this is a wireless charger that can charge three devices at the same time. A render of the wireless charger has now leaked online thanks to the very reliable leakster, Evan Blass.
The Samsung Wireless Charger Pad Trio comes with a USB-C port and may likely ship with a fast-charging cable and USB-C power adapter. The charger may also feature support for the Qi wireless charging standard just like its predecessor. The Wireless Charger pad Trio likely offers a 15 Watts charging support similar to what you can get from the Wireless Charger Duo. Based on this, we can pretty much say that the benefits of this device will be on its ability to charge three devices and it will not bring new ground-breaking charging technologies.
Despite the black colored unit on the leaked render, we suspect that Samsung may also offer a White Colored variant. The high-resolution render suggests that Samsung is close to unveiling this product. Unfortunately, there is no word yet on the launch date. However, Samsung is scheduled to launch its next foldable phone – The Galaxy Z Fold 2 – on September 1st. The event would be a good opportunity for the revelation of the new wireless charger.
Galaxy Z Fold 2 specifications
Since we’ve talked about the Galaxy Z Fold 2, the complete spec sheet of the foldable smartphone appeared on the web a couple of days ago. You can find the specifications down below.
- Display: 6.2-inch outer Super AMOLED panel, 2208×1768 pixels, HDR10+, 60Hz refresh rate
large 7.6-inch diagonal Dynamic AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 2208×1768 pixels, Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG), additional protective film.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset
- Memory and storage: 12GB LPDDR5x RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (non-expandable)
- Rear cameras: triple rear module, 12MP primary sensor (f/1.8, 1.8um)
12MP ultrawide lens (f/2.2, 1.12um)
12MP telephoto lens (f/2.4, 1.0um)
- Selfie camera: single module, 10MP primary sensor (f/2.2, 1.22um) on both the panels.
- Video recording: the rear camera can record 4K videos along with 960fps slow-mo
4K videos at 60fps, HDR10+, hyper-lapse, night mode & Bixby Vision
- Battery: 4,500 mAh capacity, 25W fast charging, 11W wireless charging, wireless powershare
- Software: Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Biometrics: side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, WLAN, Type-C port for charging
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 128.2 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 279 grams
One time that the device supports wireless charging. Then, the launch of the new Samsung Wireless Charger Pad Trio would make sense on September 1. For now, let’s stay tuned for more leaks.