Many manufacturers have been actively using periscope sensors for some flagship and sub-flagship devices for a couple of years in order to provide several times zoom without losing quality. For example, Vivo uses them in some flagship smartphones like the Vivo X30 Pro and Vivo X50 Pro / Pro +. And now the company has patented another smartphone design with a periscope lens.
Vivo smartphone with a periscope zoom camera
This patent belongs to Vivo Mobile Communications and published at CNIPA (China National Intellectual Property Administration) on April 24. It was published after its approval on 28 August. As usual, LetsGoDigital was the first to get hold of the details of the new patent.
According to the sketches, this smartphone has a full-flat screen with minimal bezels and a cutout in the upper left corner for the front camera.
On its right side, there are three keys – volume control buttons, a power button and an additional switch, possibly of various sound modes. On the bottom, there is a SIM card tray and a USB Type-C port.
Gizchina News of the week
At the back, the smartphone shows a two-tone design – the separation of the two colors happens exactly in the center. In the upper part, there is a block of the main camera for four lenses, cut into a circle, which includes the main sensor, a periscope camera and two more sensors.
This camera layout is not like the X50 series cameras. It resembles Vivo NEX 3 / NEX 3S. Hence, if the company ever plans to use this patented design, it will likely launch a NEX series phone.
It is worth mentioning that recently, Vivo Y20 and Y20i smartphones were launched with 5,000 mAh battery, SD 460 & triple rear cameras. Both devices have been a part of numerous leaks before and we recently saw the complete specs and promotion images as well. Well, the Chinese smartphone maker has now launched both the devices in the Indian market.
Vivo Y20 and Y20i specifications
- 6.51-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core Snapdragon 460nm 11nm Mobile Platform (1.8GHz x 4+1.6GHz x 4 Kryo 240 CPUs) with 600MHz Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB (Y20i) / 4GB (Y20) LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with FunTouch OS 10.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor, 2MP macro with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 164.41×76.32×8.41mm; Weight: 192.3g
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging