This week, DxOMark announced a change to its smartphone camera evaluation rules, promising to release an updated ranking of new camera phones in late October.
DxOMark changes strategy ahead of iPhone 12 and Mate 40 release
UPDATE: We’re making some exciting changes to our test protocols, and have postponed several of our DXOMARK reviews while we do so. We know you’re anxious for new scores, which will be here in late October. Stay tuned for more info.
In October, the flagship smartphones of the Apple iPhone 12 and Huawei Mate 40 line are expected to appear on the market. Obviously, fans of both brands, and the manufacturers themselves, will be disappointed if the smartphones cannot defeat the current leader of the ranking – Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, which received 130 points.
DxOMark has previously implemented various changes in its evaluation test. So this information was not completely unexpected.
The top five DxOMark leaders now also include Huawei P40 Pro, Honor 30 Pro +, Oppo Find X2 Pro and Xiaomi 10 Pro.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate. 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio. DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, dual-tone triple LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4360mAh (Minimum) battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi has talked about the success of the launch of the new flagship smartphone Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. The device turned out to be a real hit. The smartphone went on sale in China last month. The company said it sold out a $57.7 million shipment in the first ten minutes. In comparison, the first sales of Xiaomi 10 Pro reached half the level. We do not know the exact volume of sales. But given the starting cost of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra at $760 and the maximum at $1007, the batch can range from 57 thousand to 75.5 thousand pieces.