Google Pixel 5 was unveiled back on September 30, but sales have not yet started. The start of sales is scheduled for October 15th. Although getting your hands on the device is not yet possible, the Pixel 5 is already in high demand.
More precisely, pre-orders for the fresh “flagship” from Google exceeded the available number of devices in warehouses in the UK, Ireland and Germany. At the moment, no one can say when the manufacturer will be able to fill the missing amount.
Google Pixel 5 is already out of stock in some countries
Residents of these countries have an additional opportunity to purchase the desired smartphone through the stores of retail partners. But you can’t do this directly through the official Google website. Also, Pixel 5 sales will start on October 15 in Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan and Taiwan, and on October 29 in the US and Canada.
According to Nikkei Asian Review, Google initially did not believe in the huge success of the Pixel 5, so a limited number of smartphones were produced.
The Pixel 5 has a 6-inch FullHD + OLED display. The device runs the Snapdragon 765G SoC and is powered by a 4000mAh battery. The device runs Android 11 out of the box, and the manufacturer promises a minimum of three years of operating system updates. The Google Pixel 5 comes in Just Black and Sorta Sage colors for $699.
Google Pixel 5 specifications
- 6-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 90Hz HDR display, 432 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 16MP 107° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- Dimensions: 144.7 x 70.4 x 8.0mm; Weight: 151g
- 5G SA/NA 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, Qi wireless charging, reverse charging
It is worth to mention that all the promotional images for the new Pixel 5 feature very narrow bezels. Well, it seems that this time the images are true – most likely, the manufacturer puts the speaker under the display.
This interesting design aspect was noticed by Reddit users after checking out the official Pixel 5 hardware diagram. It shows that the earpiece is clearly not touching the top bezel and exists under the screen. Slightly above it are the proximity and light sensors – the location, by the way, is similar to that implemented in the Pixel 4a, where the last component is located under the display to the right of the speaker.