OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for its OnePlus 8T. This is the second update in a week. The first update was rolled out on 30th October as OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 with improvements in Bluetooth connection, 5G network, etc. Now OnePlus starts getting another update (OxygenOS 220.127.116.11) with some optimizations and the latest Android security patch for the month of October 2020.
However, the October security patch includes five critical-risk vulnerabilities fixes in the Android OS along with dozens of moderate and high-risk vulnerability fixes. The update also includes various other improvements and optimizations. There are also power consumption optimizations to reduce heating, fixes the status bar kept hovering on the screen issue, and more. More information about the update is listed in the official changelog of the update below.
OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 Update for OnePlus 8T Changelog
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
Gizchina News of the week
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
As the update is rolling out over-the-air, so it may take a few days to a week to reach your device. The OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update for OnePlus 8T weighs about 264 MB in size. It’s a small update but still, we recommend you that do charge your phone up to 50% before start installing the update. People who installed OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 on their OnePlus 8T can share their experience via comments below.
OnePlus 8T Specs
OnePlus 8T is the latest flagship device launched in October 2020. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC and Adreno 650 GPU. It features a 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with 1080 x 2400 pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The device packs a quad-camera setup with a 48MP wide-angle primary camera, a 16MP ultra-wide camera, a 5MP macro camera lens, a 2MP depth sensor. The camera setup has a dual-LED flash and HDR support. On the front side, there is a 16MP camera for selfies and video chats. A 4500 mAh battery with 65W fast charging is present on the board.