In September, Realme launched a new line of smartphones – Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro; and a little later, this month, Realme 7i joined the line. Now, a new smartphone with the model code name Realme RMX2111 has received approval from the NBTC Thailand certification body.
The upcoming Realme 7 5G is a new variant of the Realme V5 smartphone
The device page in NBTC confirms that the new smartphone will be available in Thailand under the name Realme 7 5G. Unlike other phones in this series, it will be the first to offer 5G connectivity.
The most interesting point is that the Realme RMX2111 model number belongs to the already existing Realme V5 smartphone, shown in August this year in China. So the NBTC certification of the RMX2111 smartphone suggests that the Realme V5 5G will simply be rebranded as Realme 7 5G for the Thai market.
The NBTC certification does not contain information on the technical specifications of the Realme 7 5G, but it should be assumed that we will have a full copy of the V5. That is, the Realme 7 5G will have a 6.5-inch IPS display with a cutout for the front camera. The panel itself can support a 90 Hz refresh rate and FullHD+ resolution.
The chipset of Realme 7 5G may be the already familiar Dimensity 720. The device will most likely be powered by a 5,000 mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging.
In China, the Realme V5 is available in two variants: 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 128GB. The cost about $227 and $288, respectively.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the current Realme V5 5G smartphone.
Realme V5 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 7nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Realme UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×75.1×9.1mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash resistant (p2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Linear speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res audio
- 5G (SA/ NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 30W flash charge fast charging