Xiaomi has been releasing the MIUI 12 on top of Android 11 stable updates for its smartphones. This month, the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition has gotten this update. Now, it is the turn of the Redmi K30 Pro. According to reports, the stable version of MIUI 12.2.1 is now available. The new system is deeply customized based on Android 11 and comes with October 2020 Google security patch.
However, it is important to note that this is an Android cross-version upgrade. Thus, to reduce the risk of data loss, it is recommended to back up personal data in advance. At the same time, some third-party applications do not have their own version adaptations, which may affect normal use.
The Redmi K30 Pro was officially released in March this year. The whole series comes with a standard 60Hz Samsung AMOLED screen. This device uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, a 3435mm² area VC heat sink, and a linear motor. It also retains the headphone jack and supports infrared remote control.
Gizchina News of the week
Redmi K30 Pro MIUI 12.2.1 (Android 11) changelog
- Floating function panel, support quick collapse, and expansion. Rich viewing functions in portrait mode, best reading experience in landscape mode
- Adds Document/form/PDF one-click [PDF import] function
- Includes Document/form/PDF【screencast】function
- Adds PPT/PDF [Thumbnail] function, which makes it faster to jump to pages
- Adds Rotating screen prompt switching function
- Optimizes APK size and runtime storage space
- Release of the stable version of MIUI 12 on top of Android 11 deep customization
- Update Google security patch (2020#10) to improve system security
- Adds AI watermarks, location watermarks, and latitude and longitude watermarks
- Adds VLOG mode. Also includes two templates: “Story” and “Rhythm”
- Includes VLOG mode to support the draft box function. You can save the current shooting progress to the draft box
- Adds 4 video filters: Black Gold, Cyberpunk, Black Ice, and Green Orange
- The new exposure function supports long-exposure shooting in 6 scenes. The scenes includes shuttle crowd, neon night, moving clouds and flowing water, creative light painting, bright starry sky, and romantic star trails
- Adds time-lapse photography shooting duration control and speed adjustment functions
- Includes a new timer continuous shooting function. This supports the camera to automatically shoot after setting the number of shooting times and time intervals.
- Optimizes 8K video recording mode – activating this mode now in the top menu bar
- Optimize the VLOG mode and upgrade to cloud download runtime and template resources. The new VLOG template will be available via the cloud in the future
- After the user adjusts the zoom ratio of each function in the camera, the zoom ratio will remain unchanged when the camera is turned on again within 30 seconds.