DxOMark recently confirmed that the Huawei Mate 40 Pro has the best camera in the world with 136 points. This is coming as the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra has the best smartphone zoom function. Before now, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra occupied the top position. DXOMARK stated that although the Mate 40 Pro lacks optical image stabilization on the main camera, it shows significant image improvements.
Main specifications of Huawei Mate 40 Pro camera:
- Three camera configuration
- Main camera: 50MP 1/1.28 inch sensor (12 million pixel output), 23 mm equivalent focal length (1x focal length is defined as 27 mm), f/1.9 lens, full pixel Octa-PD
- Ultra-wide angle: 20MP 1/1.54 inch sensor, f/1.8 lens, equivalent focal length 18 mm, phase detection autofocus (PDAF)
- Telephoto: 12MP 1/3.56 inch sensor, f/3.4 lens, 125mm equivalent focal length, optical image stabilization (OIS), phase detection autofocus (PDAF)
- LED flash
- 4K video, 2160p/60fps (test setting is 2160p/30fps)
- Multispectral color temperature sensor
It is obvious that after the release of the P40 Pro at the beginning of the year, Huawei engineers have been non-stop trying to make the Mate 40 Pro climb to the top. Based on the excellent performance of the P40 Pro, the new model has improved several aspects. Huawei did a lot of work on the dynamic range, which can well retain the highlights even in low light. This is difficult for many flagship phones to achieve. So this model is the best choice for low-light photography, and it can easily cope with all shooting challenges.
The telephoto of the Mate 40 Pro is not the best, but it is good enough. Although the field of view is slightly narrower than competing products, the image quality of the ultra-wide-angle camera is almost beyond criticism.
According to DXOMARK, the Mate 40 Pro is also the best video model with good noise control, efficient anti-shake, and smooth autofocus adjustment, making it the most versatile smartphone in mobile shooting at this stage.
HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro specifications
- 6.76-inch (2772 x 1344 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display,90 Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro) / 12GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro+)
- Android 10 with EMUI 11
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 20MP ultra-wide Cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, OIS, Laser sensor, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions:162.9×74.5×9.1mm(Glass) / 9.5mm (Leather); Weight: 212g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4400mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge