If we take a look at the ranking of the best-selling smartphones on Amazon India, we can see the complete dominance of Redmi smartphones. The leader of Xiaomi India confirmed that immediately after the start of sales, the autonomy monster Redmi 9 Power became a hit and topped the rating.
Truly a #PowerPacked milestone:
Within few hours of it's 1st sale, #Redmi9Power has already powered it's way to the 🔝
Best Specs ✅ Highest Quality ✅ Honest Price ✅
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) December 22, 2020
Redmi 9 Power has a 6.53-inch Full HD + screen, with Gorilla Glass 3. The smartphone has a Snapdragon 662 SoC, 4 GB of RAM and 64/128 GB of internal flash memory. It runs on Android 10. The main camera has 48, 8, 2 and 2-megapixel sensors. The front camera of the Redmi 9 Power is 8 megapixel. A feature of the device is a 6000 mAh battery that supports 18W charging.
The top ten also includes such popular models as Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, Redmi Note 9, Redmi 9 Prime, Redmi 9 and Redmi 9A.
Redmi 9 Power specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 400 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 662 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 48MP rear camera with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.3×77.3×9.6mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (Typical) / 5900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi topped the smartphone market in Q3 2020
Analytical agency Gartner has published another report on the smartphone market. As it turned out, in the third quarter of this year, 366 million smartphones were in sale worldwide, which is 5.7% less than in the same period last year. And although the drop is noticeable, it is less than 20%, which the market fell by in the first half of the year.
Samsung is still the leader with 80.82 million units sold and 22% of the market. In general, of the Top 5 manufacturers, only Samsung and Xiaomi were able to increase sales – by 2.2% and 34.9%, respectively. Huawei is in second place with 51.83 million smartphones sold – its market share is 14.4%. Xiaomi sold 44.41 million smartphones – equivalent to a market share of 12.1%.
Apple is in fourth place. Between July and September, the company sold 40.6 million smartphones – its market share was 11.1%. Interestingly, Oppo is not far from Apple. In the third quarter, it sold 29.89 million smartphones (the market share of this company is 8.2%).