As a reminder, Xiaomi Mi 11 turned out to be the first mobile phone that allows measuring heart rate through the screen. The CEO of Xiaomi Lei Jun has officially announced that the Xiaomi Mi 11 smartphone is not inferior to modern smartwatches in terms of pulse measurement accuracy.
Now details have appeared in this regard. According to official figures, the heart rate measurement function is intelligently integrated into the sub-screen fingerprint scanner without adding additional equipment or increasing the thickness of the smartphone.
The principle of the technology in Xiaomi Mi 11 is well thought out. An AMOLED display is in use as a light source, and an optical fingerprint sensor acts as an information receiver. When the heart rate function is active, the light of the screen hits the finger, and the optical fingerprint sensor detects changes in light intensity. Xiaomi representatives point out that the amount of light that the screen emits is enough to measure the pulse, while the accuracy is very high. When the heart rate function is active, the screen emits green light, which is easily absorbed by the human body, and the intensity of the reflected light varies greatly.
In terms of accuracy, tests carried out by the SGS laboratory showed that compared to professional pulse oximeters, the difference in performance of the Xiaomi Mi 11 is about 2.11 beats per minute. In the case of most fitness bracelets and smartwatches, this difference is about 3 beats per minute.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM); 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x; MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0; 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging