Samsung yesterday unveiled its flagship smartphones Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 + and Galaxy S21 Ultra, equipped with the Exynos 2100 SoC announced this week in most of the markets, and the Snapdragon 888 SoC in the US, South-Korea and China.
We’ve already posted details on the specs and images of these smartphones, and now here’s a selection of official videos from Samsung explaining and showcasing the key features of the flagship Galaxy S21 Ultra.
Gizchina News of the week
The smartphone received a Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with a diagonal of 6.8 inches with a QHD + resolution and an adaptive image refresh rate from 10 to 120 Hz, its brightness reaches 1500 cd / m 2. This is the first Galaxy S smartphone to support the S Pen stylus, users will get the standard version of the electronic pen and the S Pen Pro with Bluetooth air gesture support will be available for purchase separately. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Samsung has used a new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for user recognition that has 1.7 times the area and responds faster.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is equipped with a 5000 mAh battery and support for fast charging, which allows you to recharge the battery up to 50% in half an hour. As expected, the charger will no longer be included in the package, as well as headphones.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G specifications
- 6.8-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 515 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (10~120Hz), up to 1500 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 108MP rear camera with ISOCELL HM3 sensor, LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus sensor, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 228g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G comes in Phantom Silver and Phantom Black colours, but it will also be available in Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy and Phantom Brown colours in some countries.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 128GB – $1,199.99 / €1,249 / £1,149
- Galaxy-S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 256GB – $1249.99 / €1,299 / £1,149
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16GB + 512GB – $1379.99 / €1,429 / £1,329
- S Pen – $39.99
- Silicon Case with S Pen – $69.99
- Smart Clear View Case with S Pen – $89.99
The smartphone will be available from January 29th in several countries.