Honor today unveiled its first flagship smartphone after the separation from Huawei, called the Honor V40. Together with the smartphone, a new Link Turbo technology was announced for high-speed data download.
According to the official information, the peak download speed of the Honor V40 smartphone reaches 2.3 Gbps. At the press conference, Honor showed a comparison of the download speed that was carried out in the Speedtest app on Honor V40, Oppo Reno 5 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro smartphones. The measurements were carried out on China Unicom’s 5G network.
The results showed that the download speed of the Honor V40 exceeded 2Gbps, and this is an average stable speed, not a peak value. The other two smartphones that took part in the comparison showed twice the worst result.
Link Turbo technology
Link Turbo technology automatically uses both 5G and 4G networks as well as Wi-Fi (2.4 + 5GHz) to provide smooth network connectivity in real-world applications that use high bandwidth and require faster internet connection.
Honor CEO Zhao Ming said that Honor has achieved the technology that will enable Honor to provide users with the best possible performance in accordance with its hardware and software capabilities.
Today is a very important day for Honor. It held the first new product launch conference after becoming an independent brand. As you should know, at the event, the company uncovered its first flagship after independence, the Honor V40. However, the latter causes a lot of stir not only because of the aforementioned reasons but because it is a true flagship with a number of amazing features.
- 6.72-inch (2676 x 1236 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120 Hz curved display with up to 800 nits brightness
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.56″ RYYB Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.9 aperture 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera, ToF sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging, 50W wireless charging
The HONOR V40 5G comes in Titanium Silver, Midnight Black, and Rose gold colors. It’s available at 3599 yuan (US$ 556) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256G storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 618). It is already available for order in China.