The source confirms that the Global Honor V40 will be equipped with Google services and apps, which are not in the previously announced Chinese version of the device.
Earlier, Honor’s leader George Zhao confirmed that the company’s new smartphones will include Google services, adding that Honor has no reason not to partner with Google again. The company has the right to do business with American companies or companies using American technology. Honor has also signed agreements with Intel, AMD, Qualcomm and MediaTek and other companies.
In terms of hardware characteristics, the European smartphone will be a copy of the Chinese one. The Honor V40 is equipped with a 6.72-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1236 x 2676 pixels with an image refresh rate of 120 Hz, a built-in fingerprint scanner and an embedded 16MP front camera.
The phone runs the MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ SoC. The 4000mAh battery supports 66W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. The main camera has an image sensors with a resolution of 50, 8 and 2 megapixels.
HONOR V40 5G specifications
- 6.72-inch (2676 x 1236 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120 Hz curved display with up to 800 nits brightness
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.56″ RYYB Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.9 aperture 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera, ToF sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging, 50W wireless charging
IDC: The smartphone market has returned to growth
Experts of the analytical company IDC summed up the results of the fourth quarter of 2020 and the whole year in general on the smartphone market. As stated in the corresponding report, the smartphone market returned to growth. Sales in the fourth quarter of 2020 were 385.9 million units, which is 4.3% more than smartphones sold in the fourth quarter of 2019. At the same time, for the entire 2020, smartphones were sold 5.9% less than in 2019.
At the end of the fourth quarter of 2020, Apple was named the market leader. It was able to increase sales in annual terms, that is, compared to the same quarter of the previous year, by 22.2% – from 73.8 to 90.1 million devices. This led to an increase in Apple’s share from 19.9% to 23.4%. The second place is occupied by Samsung, which in annual terms increased sales by 6.2%, as a result of which its share increased from 18.8% to 19.1%. The third belongs to Xiaomi. Its share increased from 8.9% to 11.2%. The top five also include Oppo and Huawei. Also, The share of Oppo increased from 8.3% to 8.8%. The share of Huawei decreased from 15.2% to 8.4%.
As for 2020 as a whole, Samsung remained the leader with 20.6% of the market. Apple is in second place with 15.9%. The share of Huawei, which is in third place at the end of 2020, is 14.6%. The fourth-place belongs to Xiaomi, whose share is 11.4%, the fifth – to Vivo, whose share is 8.6%. In 2019, Samsung’s share was 21.6%, Apple’s 13.9%. Huawei – 17.5%, Xiaomi – 9.2%, Vivo – 8.0%.