OnePlus was once one of the fastest Android OEMs shipping major updates for their devices. However, the situation is different now that the company has a lot of devices to take care of. If in the past, the company managed to push updates a few times after Google, now, it is taking months. In fact, the company’s development team seems to be needing an upgrade as in certain cases it does not manage to push stable firmware for certain devices before their release. That explains why certain devices like the OnePlus 8T and OnePlus Nord N10 have received updates a few days after their respective releases. Despite the challenges, the company is still running to ensure that its recent phones will be running Android 11-based OxygenOS software.
Today the company is rolling out the second Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta update for the OnePlus Nord. It comes three weeks after the original build and has a set of improvements and the latest security patch from Google. Don’t expect the new firmware to bring dozen of new features and additions. For now, it seems to be coming to address the bugs and make the device more stable and secure. You can check all the details in the changelog below:
Gizchina News of the week
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2:
- Optimized the UI display of Calculator
- Optimized the position and animation of some icons in the lock screen
- Optimizations of the background management of Whatsapp to receive more timely messages
- It Fixes the issue that the battery icon is not displayed after the device is rotated from landscape to portrait
- Fixed the small probability issue where the Dirac Audio Tuner may fail to adjust the sound effect
- Fixed the small probability issue that alarm clocks can not be set
- Fixed the issue that Messenger Bubbles can not pop up
- Fixed the issue with Histogram and horizontal reference line being turned off by default
- Fixed the flashing issue with the icon of Depth effect while shooting with portrait mode
- Fixed the issue that SIM 2 can not be set as the default card
OnePlus states that there are a set of enhancements in this update to improve day-to-day stability. Users will have a better experience if they intend to use this software on a daily basis. If no bug appears in this second release, then the stable update will be closer.