Last year, six months after the launch of the flagship Galaxy S20 line, Samsung released a Fan Edition based on user feedback. The smartphone came to us with Exynos 990 SoC and there was a lot of criticism to the company that it did not bring a version with Snapdragon 865 to us. Then the company offered a 5G variant with the Snapdragon chip.
And now the news has come that Samsung has decided to release another variation of the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition. Its main difference will be at the hardware level. In particular, the smartphone will receive the Snapdragon 865, but it will be a 4G version without a modem with support for fifth-generation networks. The model was found in the Wi-Fi Alliance database. How soon it will enter the market and in which regions it will be available is unknown.
All basic characteristics must remain unchanged. The Galaxy S20 FE 4G will offer a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels, 6/8 GB of RAM, 128/256 GB of storage, a 4500 mAh battery and a 32-megapixel front camera. It will be IP68 waterproof, triple rear camera 12 MP + 12 MP + 8 MP and stereo speakers. Perhaps they will pump the speed of fast charging and offer Android 11 as an operating system.
It is worth mentioning that apparently, the company is also preparing to unveil the Galaxy S20 FE 5G version for the Indian market in the upcoming few days.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the original Galaxy S20 FE.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 407 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB RAM (LPDDR5), 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 79˚ FOV, OIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with 32° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, Up to 30x Super Resolution Zoom, 12MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- Optical Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, WPC Qi wireless fast charging, Wireless PowerShare