A few days ago, Xiaomi released its first-ever foldable smartphone, Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. This smartphone is currently on presale and its first outright sale will take place on April 16th. The price of this foldable phone makes it very competitive. Interestingly, even the highest model sells for less than $2000. The 12GB + 256GB sells for 9,999 yuan ($1,525) while the 12GB + 512GB and 16GB + 512GB sell for 10,999 yuan ($1,677) and 12999 yuan ($1,982) respectively.
Today, Xiaomi announced that it has teamed up with Marriott International Group to launch two MIX FOLD limited edition gift boxes. The hot stamping version includes MIX FOLD + Sanya Westin Hotel Package + Westin White Tea Aroma Candle. At present, the MIX FOLD limited edition gift box has landed on Jingdong Rubik’s Cube for a limited draw!
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold adopts an internal folding design. The internal screen is an 8.01-inch 2K full screen, HDR10+, 600nit brightness, and supports Dolby Vision. The external screen is a 6.52-inch display with a punch-hole in the upper right corner. It comes with a resolution of 2520 x 840 and supports a 90Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, the MIX Fold comes with a Snapdragon 888 SoC and its four speakers are tuned by Harman Kardon. Like most flagships, this smartphone comes with a 108MP main camera. It is also Xiaomi’s first smartphone with a professional imaging chip – Surge C1. This chip is dedicated to image processing, with self-developed ISP + self-developed algorithms, and can achieve finer and more advanced 3A processing. For the full details of the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold, see the specs sheet below
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0