Recently, Meizu launched the “iPhone for Meizu 18” event. This means that the iPhone can be traded in for the Meizu 18. During the event, you can receive a special discount of up to 4,000 yuan ($610) for the iPhone to trade-in. Today, Meizu technology announced that it sincerely invites iPhone users to feel the Meizu 18 flagship smartphone for free. Meizu said
“Meizu said that if you are an iPhone user and have a unique preference for small screen flagships, you also attach great importance to personal privacy and security. Participate in the 0 yuan trial activity and we look forward to bringing you a light and safe experience”.
- iPhone users who have never used Meizu phones
- Have a unique preference for small-screen flagship phones
- Pays more attention to personal privacy and security.
Meizu officials claim that the Meizu 18 “focuses on security and privacy protection just like the iPhone”. Furthermore, the company believes that Meizu 18 has “the same pure and comfortable experience as the iPhone”.
According to Meizu, looking at its sales so far, 45% of Meizu 18 buyers are iPhone users. The Chinese manufacturer dubs the Meizu 18 as “Three Zero Mobile Phone”. This means that it has 0 advertisements, 0 pre-installed third-party applications, and 0 operation pushes.
Gizchina News of the week
The Meizu 18 comes with a 6.2-inch Samsung E4 2K+ flexible display. This display supports a 120Hz refresh rate and its touch sampling rate can reach 240Hz. This smartphone weighs only 162g and it promises excellent performance.
Its Flyme system offers a safe and pure system that focus on privacy protection. The latest update for this smartphone will bring a feature that stops apps from tracking users’ data without their permission. See the complete specs sheet of the Meizu 18 below
Meizu 18 specifications
- 6.2-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (peak) / 420nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 9 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX682 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.6 aperture, 7P lens, Ultra SMA OIS, LED flash, 16MP Samsung S5K3P9SX ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with OmniVision OV08A10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3D Sonic ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual (1216 linear + 1012) speakers
- Dimensions: 152.4 x 69.2 x 8.18mm; Weight: 162g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) battery with 36W Super mCharge fast charging