A few days ago, Chinese manufacturer, ZTE officially released its latest flagship series. This series is the ZTE Axon 30 series, the second-generation smartphones to come with an on-screen camera solution. In fact, ZTE is the only manufacturer that has so far used an on-screen camera solution. The company already has two generations. From the looks of things, the ZTE Axon 30 Ultra is quite popular. This smartphone hit the shelves today by 10 am. However, it didn’t take long for all the available units to sell out. According to the company, this smartphone will be on sale again on April 22.
The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra comes with three main cameras on the rear. This makes it the first-ever smartphone to use three main cameras. On the rear, this smartphone uses a quad-camera setup. Under the hood, the Axon 30 Ultra comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip. It also uses a 144Hz flexible curved screen at a time where 120Hz seems to be the flagship standard. This smartphone has a 16GB + 1TB special edition that costs 6666 yuan ($1,024)
This device uses a 64MP Sony IMX686 (1/1.7 inch, aperture f/1.6), an 8MP periscope 5x telephoto lens, the focal length covers the equivalent 13mm~123mm focal length. Among them, the ultra-wide-angle lens has an angle of view of 120°, adopts a custom lens, and has an ultra-low distortion of 1%.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra uses a 4600 mAh battery that supports a 66W fast charge. The display is a 6.67-inch AMOLED flexible full screen that supports a 144Hz refresh rate. It also covers a 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, supports 1.07 billion color displays. In terms of thickness and weight, this device is only 8.0mm thick and weighs 188g.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX686 sensor, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide camera with Samsung GW3 sensor f/2.2 aperture, 64MP portrait camera with Samsung GW3 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 8MP periscope telephoto lens with OIS, 5x Optical Zoom, 10x Hybrid Zoom, 60X digital zoom, Laser focus sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Optical In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions:161.53×72.96×8.0mm; Weight:188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging