Last week news came that Xiaomi decided to re-release Redmi Note 8. Among the most notable changes is the installation of the Helio G85 processor and 120 Hz display. This information caused discussions and debates between the fans of the company on the appropriateness of such a step. The company undertook to explain its decision.
The very fact that Xiaomi has decided to tell about the motives for releasing an updated version of Redmi Note 8 suggests that such a smartphone will really come out. According to the manufacturer, this model turned out to be one of the most successful in the entire history of the line. Sales statistics – 25 million copies sold. It was the success of the model and decent sales that pushed the company to release another version of the Redmi Note 8 in 2021.
True, the success of the smartphone was largely dictated by the presence of a chip from Qualcomm, and now the company is offering a replacement processor from MediaTek. On the global market, the device in such a design may not enter those who are negatively disposed towards the creations of the Taiwanese chip maker.
The #RedmiNote8 has now sold 25M+ units globally!
As we celebrate this milestone, we're thrilled to introduce you to the #ThePerformanceAllStar – the #RedmiNote8 2021. Stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/39RHoTC2Mb
Gizchina News of the week
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) May 20, 2021
Also, do not forget that Helio G85 does not offer support for displays with a refresh rate of 120 Hz, so the installation of a screen with increased hertz is questionable. Among the characteristics of Redmi Note 8 (2021) are called a 4000 mAh battery with fast 22.5-watt charging, a proprietary MIUI 12.5 user interface and a main 48 megapixel sensor in the rear camera. Here is the specs sheet of the 2019 Redmi Note 8.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage; 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS; 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size; 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash-proof (P2i nano-coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging