Considering that Xiaomi is just over 10 years old in the smartphone business, the company has been doing quite well for itself. As of today, Xiaomi is the top manufacturer in many smartphone markets globally. The Chinese manufacturer has been on top of the Indian smartphone market for about two years consecutively. Interestingly, the Indian smartphone market is the second-largest smartphone market in the world, behind only China. Today, Xiaomi officially announced the sales performance of the Xiaomi Mi 11 series.
This series has three models which include Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Pro, and Mi 11 Ultra. According to the company, this series has sold over 3 million units. Furthermore, for smartphones with a price tag between 4000 yuan ($662) and 6000 yuan ($933), the Xiaomi Mi 11 is the best selling in China. According to officials, the statistics come from authoritative third-party organizations. In addition, this statistics is from the period between January to April 2021.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 is the first smartphone to use the SD888 SoC. The company officially launched this device in December 2020. This smartphone also uses a 2K resolution AMOLED screen and a rear 108MP camera. The Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra arrived early this year on March 29th. The Mi 11 Pro is the first to use the GN2 ultra-large CMOS sensor and it also comes with a periscope telephoto lens. Other selling points on this phone are its huge battery (5000 mAh silicon-oxygen negative battery) and fast charging capacity (67W). As for the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, it comes with a 48MP ultra-wide-angle camera, a 1/1.12-inch super-outsole main camera, and a 48MP periscope telephoto lens.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED rear touch always-on display with 450 nits (peak) brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, f/4.1 aperture, 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, up to 1920fps slow motion
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.38mm; Weight: 234g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 67W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging