Honor officially released the Honor Play 5 on May 18th and today, this device is now on sale. This smartphone support 66W fast charging which one of the selling points of this device. Furthermore, this smartphone comes with an ultra-thin thickness of 7.46mm and an ultra-light body of 179g. There are two models 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB which are selling for 2099 yuan ($328), and 2,299 yuan ($359) respectively. This smartphone is currently the latest device from Honor and it is currently available in China.
Honor Play 5 – a new 5G mid-range device
The Honor Play 5 comes with a 6.53-inch wide color gamut OLED true color screen. It also boasts of an ultra-thin straight-edge design and a matte middle frame. The rear will have Icelandic illusions because it uses vacuum coating technology. The texture uses a titanium hollow silver with nano 3D deep illusions.
Under the hood, this device comes with a mid-range MediaTek processor. It uses the MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC which adopts a single-cell dual-circuit fast charging design. According to the company, this device can get 60% power in just 15 minutes. In the camera department, the Honor Play 5 comes with a 64MP main camera in a quad-rear camera setup. This smartphone also supports super night scene algorithms, AI photography functions, portrait shooting, and more.
In addition, the Honor Play 5 is equipped with the latest smart MagicUI 4.0, which supports the interconnection of Honor Wisdom all-scenarios, and one-click control of the Wisdom all-scene. With the NFC one-touch transmission function, you can connect everything with a single touch; it also supports multi-functional NFC cardholders, transportation cards, access cards, smart door locks, work cards, and electronic ID cards.
Whether or not this device will move outside China remains to be seen. If the Honor Play 5 sells outside China, will you consider it? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below
HONOR Play5 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED display with DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensors with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6x 74.8×7.96mm; Weight: 179g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh (typical) / 3700mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging