The possibility of creating smartphones with flexible displays has been talked about for a long time, but those available to the consumer began to come out only two years ago. And there should be more and more such devices. Xiaomi will also contribute to the increase in the segment of foldable smartphones. At the beginning of the year, it showed the Mi Mix Fold and in the fourth quarter, they promise another model with a flexible screen.
What the new product will be called, there is no information. But it may arrive with the Mi Mix Fold 2 name, where the external screen is from Visionox with a refresh rate of 90 Hz, but the main and flexible one is from Samsung and will support 120 Hz.
As in the case with the company’s first foldable smartphone, they should offer the Snapdragon 888 platform, stereo speakers, a 5000 mAh battery, and they will not forget about fast charging. The main camera is also triple, where the main sensor is 108 megapixels and there is a liquid lens. But the front camera should go under the display.
Judging by the first rumors, the Mi Mix Fold 2 will differ from the first only in the performance of the selfie camera, and the flexible panel will receive a refresh rate of 120 Hz. All other parameters can remain unchanged. But this upgrade should be enough to increase the price tag for the new product.
However, looking back at the company’s pricing policy, it is possible that it will be left at the same level of $1500. And all in order to proclaim “here’s a foldable smartphone for the same price, but with a number of improvements”.
As a reminder here are the specifications of the current Mi Mix Fold smartphone.
Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0