Samsung is relentlessly expanding its smartphone lineup and is due to unveil the Galaxy F42 5G soon. But once again, the company will not bother creating a model from scratch, but will take as a basis the smartphone, the announcement of which took place a few weeks ago.
Galaxy F42 (SM-E426B) has already received Wi-Fi Alliance and Bluetooth SIG certifications, which made it clear that the new product will receive support for Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0. And it is very likely that the device will be just a slightly modified version of the Galaxy A22 5G. The company has made it a rule to offer the same gadget in different markets with different names.
If so, then the Galaxy F42 5G will offer a 6.6-inch FullHD + IPS screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, a fingerprint scanner at the end, an 8-megapixel selfie camera and a Dimensity 700 chipset. The smartphone should have 4/6 / 8 GB of RAM, a flash drive of 64/128 GB and a triple rear camera 48 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP.
But there may be differences. For example, the Galaxy F42 5G can offer a 6000 mAh battery or even a 7000 mAh battery, while the Galaxy A22 5G has a 5000 mAh battery. They promise charging with a power of only 15 W and the Android 11 operating system with the proprietary One UI user interface.
Gizchina News of the week
As a reminder, here are the full specs of the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-V LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9.0mm; Weight: 203g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G comes in Gray, White, Mint and Violet colours and is priced at €229 (US$ 277 ) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs €249 (US$ 302). It was available on sale earlier this month.