Chinese manufacturer, ZTE, is the first company to mass-produce the under-screen camera technology. The smartphone with the under-screen technology is the ZTE Axon 20 5G which was released in September 2020. In the first half of the year, the company unveiled the ZTE Axon 30 Pro and Axon 30 Ultra, and Axon 30 Pro, both of which use the punch-hole screen solution. Now, another ZTE Axon 30 is about to arrive but this time, it uses the under-screen camera technology. According to popular Weibo leakster, @DCS, ZTE will release the Axon 30 under-screen camera version in July.
According to ZTE, its’s team of engineers has gone through difficult research to effectively eliminate glare and diffraction from the material level. The triple forward-looking smart algorithm onboard can effectively eliminate the adverse effects of foggy surfaces. This will eventually ensure that the picture is bright, transparent, and intelligently adjust exposures. For colour reproduction and dynamic range performance, its enhanced module can also optimize the contrast and enhance the proactive imaging performance.
Gizchina News of the week
As the mobile phone brand that is most enthusiastic about the under-screen camera solution, ZTE’s under-screen camera solution has been iteratively updated and the experience has been continuously improved. This new version of the ZTE Axon 30 is naturally widely anticipated.
However, the anticipation centers around the performance improvements in the camera. The ZTE Axon 20 Pro under-screen camera performance is not on par with industry standards. This means that the company has a lot of work to do. The likes of Samsung and Xiaomi are already working intensely on their under-screen camera solutions. We believe that before the end of the year, we will see high-quality under-screen camera technology in the industry.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+