Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, is doing quite well in the smartphone market. Globally, it is the second-largest smartphone maker in terms of shipment behind only Samsung. A recent report shows that the company is currently the largest in Europe. Xiaomi’s strategy is very aggressive and the company releases a long list of smartphones each year. Earlier today, a developer “kacskrz” discovered a new Xiaomi device with the codename, Lisa. This device happens to be the upcoming Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite NE.
According to kacskrz, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor. This is the first time that the company will be using the Snapdragon 778G processor. This chip uses TSMC’s 6nm process and integrates three 14-bit ISP image signal processing. It also supports triple concurrency, triple parallel processing, and a single-camera supports up to 192MP. Furthermore, it can take dual cameras up to 36MP + 22MP, and three cameras up to 22MP each.
In addition, the Snapdragon 778G integrates Adreno 624L GPU, which claims to increase image rendering performance by up to 40% and supports the features of the Elite Gaming platform, including variable resolution rendering (VRS) and Game Quick Touch.
It is not difficult to see from the positioning that the Snapdragon 778G is slightly inferior to the Snapdragon 780G. We know that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Edition is the first commercial Snapdragon 780G chip, which means that the positioning of the Mi 11 Lite NE is slightly lower than that of the Mi 11 Youth Edition. It is worth noting that Xiaomi 11 Lite NE will be unveiled in India, and it is not yet certain whether it will meet with Chinese or global consumers.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.53 x 75.72 x 6.81mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4250mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging