Yesterday, Honor officially released its latest flagship series, the Honor Magic3 series. This series has three smartphones including the Magic3, Magic3 Pro, and Magic3 Ultimate Edition (Magic3 Pro+). The starting prices of these models are 4599 yuan ($710), 5999 yuan ($926), and 7999 yuan ($1,234) respectively. These smartphones come with an aesthetic design, Snapdragon 888 Plus and it brings the user experience to a new level.
After the launch event, Honor’s CEO, Zhao Ming, accepted an interview with the media. According to him, the Honor 50 series is presently in short supply. He believes that as long as the Magic3 series does well, consumers will run after this series. According to him, the Honor Magic3 series will definitely be in short supply soon. He is trying to tell the media that the company does not have any fear about selling the available units.
Over the past seven months, Honor’s market share in China has grown significantly from 3% to 14%. The company is now among the top three smartphone manufacturers in China. Since the Honor Magic3 series will hit the global market, Honor hopes to rebound in the global scene.
According to Honor’s CEO, the fan base of Honor outside China almost fell to zero. However, the company is now making a recovery with the Honor 50 gearing up to hit the global market. These new flagships from Honor will support Google’s GMS in the global market.
Honor Magic3 and Honor Magic3 Pro specifications
- 6.76-inch (2772 x 1344 Pixels) FHD+ Flex OLED display,120 Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 / 888 Plus (Pro only) 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Magic3) / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage (Magic 3 Pro)
- Android 11 with Magic UI 5.0
- Magic3 — 50MP Sony IMX 766 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 13MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP monochrome camera with f/2.2 aperture, laser autofocus
- Magic3 Pro — 50MP Sony IMX 766 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 13MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP monochrome camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP periscope telephoto camera with f/3.5 aperture, OIS, 3.5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom, 100x digital zoom
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing ToF Camera (Only in Pro)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water resistant (IP54 (Magic3) / IP68 (Magic3 Pro)
- Magic3 and Magic 3 Pro– Dimensions:162.8×74.9×8.99mm(Glass) / 9.5mm (Leather); Magic 3 Weight: 203g (Glass) / 202g (Leather), Magic 3 Pro Weight: 213g (Glass) / 212g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4600mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, Pro – 50W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge and reverse charging