Recall that before the official launch of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, we had a complete unboxing video of this device. Subsequently, the leaker (@Beautiful科技官微) and eventually paid Xiaomi one million yuan ($155,000) for the mishap. Now, a similar case just appeared online. Not long ago, Xiaomi officially released the much-anticipated Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 flagship smartphone. This device was the first regular smartphone in the MIX series for three years. Xiaomi was very confidential about its development and there was basically no definite information before the release.
However, a day before the press conference, a detailed evaluation guide file for Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 hit the web. This leak shows the details of the various configurations and highlights of the MIX 4. Furthermore, the document also shows the full appearance of the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4. In all, the leak had 29 pages of powerpoint information.
The watermark in the leak shows that this evaluation guide is a document from Weibo user (@科技九洲君). Today, the blogger apologized for leaking the information. Amongnst other things, the apology letter reads
“…We are deeply aware of the seriousness of the mistakes made. Here, we sincerely apologize to Xiaomi, Mr. Lei Jun, and Xiaomi fans. I, Zhang Menglong, as the person in charge of the @科技九洲君 team, bears an inescapable responsibility for this matter…”
It is important to note that the apology did not mention compensation or any thing that relates to payments for leaking the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 information. However, information from other bloggers claim that @科技九洲君 and his team (Jiuzhoujun Technology Studio) compensated Xiaomi with 0ne million yuan ($155,000).
Gizchina News of the week
According to reports, the leak is not intentional. The team was supposed to send the file shortly after the launch of the device. They did all the necessary PPT for a presentation that is to take place shortly after the launch. However, an employee mistakenly sent the file to the wrong contact and this resulted in the leak.
Xiaomi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging