In March in China, the premiere of Realme GT Neo took place, which became the first smartphone with a Dimensity 1200 chip. For its money, the device became an interesting offer on the market, and now the company has decided to release another version of Realme GT Neo in an attempt to please, first of all, those who prefer Qualcomm chips.
Dimensity 1200 will be replaced by Snapdragon 870 and this is an equivalent replacement. In terms of performance, both platforms are identical and in terms of performance, there will be no imbalance. But the installation of a 5000 mAh battery and 65W fast charging technology can be attributed to significant improvements in the new version of the Realme GT Neo. Recall that the “regular” version of the smartphone offers a 4500 mAh battery and fast 50-watt charging.
Naturally, for the pumped version of the Realme GT Neo, they will ask for a little more. So, the version with 8/128 GB of memory should be estimated at $ 370, and the version with 12/256 GB will cost $ 417. For comparison, similar variants of the smartphone with Dimensity 1200 at the start of sales cost $ 305 and $ 351, respectively.
As for the other characteristics, they should remain unchanged. The new Realme GT Neo should offer a pair of stereo speakers, a 16-megapixel selfie module, a 64MP + 8MP + 2MP triple main camera, an NFC module and an AMOLED screen with a 120 Hz refresh rate with FullHD + resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the original Realme GT Neo smartphone.
Realme GT Neo specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+; 120Hz refresh rate, 98% NTSC color gamut, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, Sony IMX682 sensor; 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio,
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.3x 8.4mm; Weight:179g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 50W fast charging
The original Realme GT Neo comes in Fantasy, Silver and Black colors, and costs around 1799 yuan (US$ 274) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 1999 yuan (US$ 304) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2299 yuan (US$ 350).