What will you think if a Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro that normally costs 5299 yuan ($820) is offered to you for only 700 yuan ($108)? Will you feel lucky or you will think it’s a scam? Recently, potential buyers of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro had to deal with this situation. In the early hours of today, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro was listed on Xiaomi Mall for only 700 yuan ($108). In addition, this is the price for both the 8GB + 256GB and 12GB + 256GB versions. Furthermore, you will also get a custom T-shirt as a gift. Of course, this price was never real, it was only a bug price.
Why the bug price?
Presently, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro has an official 500 yuan ($77) discount. Also, there is a 200 yuan ($31) coupon code which takes the total discount to 700 yuan ($108). Instead of listing this device as having a possible 700 yuan ($108) discount, the system listed the device as selling for 700 yuan ($108).
As of now, those who had successfully placed the order are waiting for a follow-up. They do not know whether the official delivery will still pull through. Well, we will wait for official information but Xiaomi will probably not make the delivery.
This is not the first time that a bug will significantly reduce the price of a product. Recall that earlier this year, the Samsung Galaxy S21 was listed for only 799 yuan ($124). In the end, Samsung’s solution was very generous. Although the company did not ship the device for 799 yuan ($124), it returned the 799 yuan ($124). In addition, it gave the customer a 4000 yuan coupon ($619) for the Galaxy S21.
Also, the Redmi A55 TV was mistakenly listed for 700 yuan ($108) recently. In the end, Xiaomi’s solution was also generous, it cut the order.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro is a 2021 flagship that can not sell for 700 yuan ($108) except it’s a giveaway. This device comes with a flagship configuration and can not sell for $108. See the official specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro below
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 256GB / 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture,8MP telephoto camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical, up to 50x zoom, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p, 1920 fps ultra slow motion
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3×74.6×8.53mm
- Weight: 208g
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 67W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging