As of now, over 56 very old models from Huawei and Honor are already getting this update. Most of these devices wouldn’t have gotten any more major EMUI updates. However, Huawei says that 300 million devices (200 million Huawei devices and 100 million third-party devices) will have this update this year. This means that many old models will also get the update. Over the past few weeks, Huawei has been releasing the HarmonyOS 2 update for several Huawei and Honor devices. The latest update shows that the Honor V10 is now the latest device to get the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update. This smartphone was released back in 2017 thus it’s pretty old.
The version number of this update is C00E185R2P6 and the package size is 1.02GB. According to the update log of HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124, the update package incorporates security patches to enhance the security of the mobile phone system. Furthermore, the update also optimizes the system stability in some scenarios.
HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 changelog
- Incorporates the August 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system
- Install or update the following applications that support the HarmonyOS universal card function: Sina News and Xiaohongshu applications.
Huawei released the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version on September 2, 2021. As of now, different models including smartphones, tablets, and other devices have been getting this update. The Huawei MatePad 11, Huawei Mate 10 series, and others have received this update.
Honor V10 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 FullView display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor + i7 co-processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM, 64GB /128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) Dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, CAF, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 157 × 74.98 × 6.97mm; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
HarmonyOS progress so far
In the first week, by June 9, we already had over 10 million HarmonyOS users. In two weeks, this operating system had over 18 million users. After a month of upgrade, HarmonyOS had over 25 million users. Before the end of July, this figure increased to over 40 million. In less than two months, as of early August, this operating system had over 50 million users. A new report shows that HarmonyOS 2 now has over 90 million users. It is obvious that this system will have well over 100 million users before the end of this year. This upgrade is Huawei’s largest system update in its history.