Many do not like refurbished products. This phrase causes some doubts at customers. But in fact, if the manufacturer guarantees, there is no reason to worry about a thing. The same is true for Apple products as well. Recently, the Cupertino-based firm announced the new iPhone series and the debut of iOS 15. These two (and not only they) have made everyone excited. But Canadian users have other reasons to joy. As 9to5mac reports, Canadian Apple now sells refurbished iPhones.
This is the first time, when Apple sells refurbished iPhones outside of the US. And not accidentally, Canada has become the next region to offer such products to its buyers. In fact, Apple has been selling other products in this market for a while. Say, Canadians were already able to buy Macs, iPads, Apple TV, and other refurbished accessories prior to this. But now, they can get an up to $500 discount when buying an iPhone.
As the official page displays, Canadians can buy iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. For this, the company has prepared a special page – the Apple Certified Refurbished iPhone page.
The page shows that when buying a refurbished iPhone from Apple, users will get the company’s one-year limited warranty, 15-day return policy, new battery, and more. In this regard, it’s useful to understand how Apple’s rigorous refurbishment process works:
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, every unit is evaluated to ensure it meets Apple’s quality standards.
Also, 9to5mac listed what specifications each Apple Certified Refurbished Product has.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products Nuances
- undergoes full functionality testing and any defective modules identified in testing are replaced.
- Apple Watch and Apple Pencil devices that require replacement parts are not included in the Apple Certified Refurbished Program.
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes).
- includes either the Operating System originally shipped with the unit or, in some cases, a more recent version.
- is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
- It’s important to note that you have to check Apple Certified Refurbished iPhone page every now and then to make sure you get the exact iPhone with the right color and storage option you need.
By the way, not that long ago, Apple started selling the new refurbished 24-inch iMac in the US and the UK.