HMD Global has officially unveiled the mid-range smartphone Nokia G50 with 5G cellular connectivity. The device runs the Android 11 operating system.
A Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor is used, which contains eight cores with a clock speed of up to 2.0 GHz, an Adreno 619 graphics accelerator and a Snapdragon X51 5G cellular modem. The amount of RAM is 4 GB. The 128GB flash drive can be expanded with a microSD card.
The smartphone has received a large 6.82-inch display in HD + format (720 × 1640 pixels) with 70 percent coverage of the NTSC color space. The front camera is capable of forming 8-megapixel images. There is a triple camera at the back with a 48MP main sensor, a 5MP unit with wide-angle optics and a 2MP depth sensor.
The equipment includes Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac and Bluetooth 5.0 adapters, NFC controller, FM tuner, side fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port.
Dimensions are 173.83 × 77.68 × 8.85 mm, weight – 220 g. Power is provided by a 5000 mAh battery with support for 18-watt charging.
The Nokia G50 will go on sale at an estimated price of 230 euros.
Gizchina News of the week
Nokia G50 specifications
- 6.82-inch (720×1640 pixels) HD+ display with up to 450 nits brightness, 70% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 173.83×77.68×8.85mm; Weight: 220g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
HMD Global has issued an invitation to the presentation, which will take place on October 6: various mobile devices under the Nokia brand will be presented at the event.
The teaser caption reads: “Our family continues to expand .” The accompanying image shows various Nokia phones and a large box. Thus, observers conclude that not only smartphones, but also at least one tablet computer will be presented at the presentation.
The upcoming tablet is expected to hit the market under the name Nokia T20. This gadget has a Unisoc processor with a Mali-G52 graphics accelerator. The display size will be 10.36 inches diagonally. Buyers will be able to choose between versions with and without 4G / LTE cellular support. Operating system – Android 11.