Google is used to leaking information about its upcoming products. Starting with the most anticipated ones, namely the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones. This year, however, they decided to anticipate the wave of leaks, and reveal the devices well in advance (we told you about everything we know in our previous articles).
Google may hold an event on October 5th: here’s what we should see
And today, we have a leak about an entire event, set for Tuesday 5 October. At least, this is what emerges from an article that appeared briefly in the CNET newspaper and then quickly removed, but not quickly enough: and in fact Mishaal Rahman of XDA Developers has managed to pack two screenshots to prove what happened.
Apparently, however, this would not be the occasion in which we will see the next generation of Pixels. If anything, it would be an event dedicated to new models of the Nest line for the smart home, as well as updates (which we assume to be particularly relevant, given that they will end up in the spotlight) for Google Maps and Travel.
The CNET article in fact closed with an explicit reference to the “elephant in the room”, or the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, specifying that they would not appear in the schedule of the event scheduled for October 5. But according to rumors circulating on the net, the presentation of the new Big G smartphones should not fall much further, and is expected for October 19.
Gizchina News of the week
At the moment the information stops here: and we do not know if the newspaper has decided to remove the article because it actually anticipated the times imposed by Google by mistake, or because it instead considered the indication unreliable following publication. To find out more, you will have to wait about ten days. Or the next leak, which could be around the corner.
Google Pixel 6 Pro rumoured specifications
- 6.71-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) curved pOLED display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Google Tensor processor (2x 2.80GHz + 2 x 2.25GHz + 4 x 1.80GHz) with 848MHz Mali-G78 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, 12MP Ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX386 sensor; 48MP telephoto camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 4X optical zoom
- 12MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Cirrus Logic CS35L41 amp, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE; ultra-wideband (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging