When Apple introduced the iPad mini 6, many felt it was the coolest and best tablet on the market. It had everything to become successful, and users would prefer it when choosing a new tablet PC. But the first user reviews were seriously puzzling. Many have started complaining about the “jelly” effect when scrolling when the tablet is in a portrait position.
Apple itself does not consider this a disadvantage. It states that this screen behavior is normal. I wonder how the company will explain the new problem revealed by the owners of the iPad mini 6. We are talking about the appearance of image distortion and discoloration when you touch the display in portrait orientation. The problem is especially pronounced when the dark theme is activated. The location of the distortions surprisingly coincides with how the protruding elements of the boards are located inside the case. This fact makes us speculate that there is probably a manufacturing defect.
I got my 64gb Wi-Fi iPad Mini 6 just about a week ago and noticed that there seems to be an LCD clearance issue – if you put your mini in vertical orientation (with the power button on the top right) push very lightly on the screen and you will see distortion and discoloration about an inch down and in from the top right. On most models this will happen in three spots along the top of the display (when vertical).
Gizchina News of the week
A user went to the Apple store to replace the defective tablet. In a conversation with him, an Apple Retail employee said that he would not be surprised if Apple decided to withdraw the iPad mini 6.
At the moment, there is no understanding how common the problem is. Again, the personal opinion of the store employee does not at all mean that it coincides with the opinion of Apple itself and that it will really take such a step. But his reaction may mean that he hears a lot of complaints about the iPad mini 6, users have repeatedly contacted the support teams.
Apple iPad Mini (6th Gen) specifications
- 8.3-inch (2266 x 1488 pixels) Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 500 nits brightness, 326 PPI, True Tone display
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB variants
- iPadOS 15
- 12MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash
- 12MP 122° Ultra Wide front camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- Touch ID
- Dimensions: 195.4x 134.8×6.3mm; Weight: 293g (WiFi) / 297g (5G)
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- 19.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music