To celebrate its birthday, Disney+ is offering a huge discount for its monthly streaming service. Disney+ streaming service usually costs £7.99 / $7.99. However, ahead of Black Friday which also almost coincides with the service’s birthday, the Disney+ streaming service will be available for only £1.99 / $1.99. This means that the company is offering a 75% discount on the service. This offer is currently active and it will be available until Sunday 14th November. After this time, Disney+ streaming service will revert back to its usual monthly price of £7.99 / $7.99.
Since its inception in 2019, the Disney+ streaming service has been growing tremulously. As of August, the service had over 116 million subscribers. This is about 3 million more than the prediction of Wall Street analysts. Disney+’s “birthday” is actually November 12th. On this day, Jungle Cruise and Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings will be available to subscribers for FREE.
Gizchina News of the week
Disney+ streaming service to launch new content on November 12th
Furthermore, the Disney+ streaming service will unveil a plethora of new content including Marvel and Star Wars specials, new movies, and shows. Some of the new contents include
- Home Sweet Home Alone – A reinterpretation of Macaulay Culkin original, this is actually a Disney+ original
- Olaf Presents – Here, in his own style, Frozen‘s snowman retell several classic Disney tales. This is a new shorts from Disney’s Animation Studios.
- Frozen Fever, Feast and Paperman, Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse! and more will debut as part of Disney shorts
- Ciao Alberto – a Pixar animated short featuring characters from the feature-length Luca
- A new Simpsons short that “pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands”
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum – Episodes one to five from series two of National Geographic’s
- Boba Fett – A special on the origins and legacy of Star Wars bounty hunter,
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe including “an exciting look towards the future”
- Dopesick – a Star original series starring Michael Keaton
Disney+ streaming service will launch in South Korea, Taiwan & Hong Kong
In addition, Asian countries like South Korea and Taiwan will get Disney+ service on November 12th. Also, on November 16th, this streaming service will be official in Hong Kong. According to Disney, its day will be an annual company-wide shindig. Furthermore, the company promises Disney+ subscribers who head to Disney’s theme parks and cruise liners to get “photo opportunities, character moments and more”. This is a good time for subscribers to take advantage of the offers.