This year, Xiaomi launched two MIX series models, one is the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD and the other is MIX 4. The company will not release another member in this flagship series this year. However, there are reports that a new member of the Xiaomi MIX series will launch next year. According to Ross Young, the successor of Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD will officially arrive in 2022. This means that Xiaomi’s new foldable smartphone will not launch at the company’s December event. Xiaomi’s December launch event will focus on the Xiaomi 12 series and MIUI 13 system.
According to previous reports, the iterative model of the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD will make up for the regret of MIX FOLD. According to @DCS, this upcoming foldable smartphone will be a full-screen device that uses an under-screen camera technology.
As we all know, only the external 6.52-inch screen of the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD has a high refresh rate of 90Hz. The internal 8.01-inch screen only supports a 60Hz refresh rate.
It seems that both the internal and external screens of the 2022 Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD will provide a high refresh rate. Xiaomi’s new flagship foldable smartphone will undoubtedly bring a better viewing and gaming experience with the under-screen camera technology.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate. 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0
The company will improve on some of the specs of the previous generation in the upcoming model.