Starting November 26, various models have been getting the MIUI development version 21.11.24 one after another. Today, the new system version reached the Redmi Note 11 5G and Note 11 Pro/Pro+ models. As the MIUI Team mentions, the update brings tons of optimizations and improvements. By the way, there is no development version for the Note 11 4G model.
Another interesting news, for a long time, the Redmi 10X Pro 21.11.24 version has not allowed users to root it. Moreover, users who use the Root version couldn’t receive the development version update temporarily. They have to wait until next week.
Due to the update of the Android version and preparations for MIUI 13, Xiaomi announced that the Redmi Note 10 will be suspended from the public beta on December 3. In addition, the Redmi K40 Enhanced Gaming Version, the Xiaomi Mi 10 series, the Civi, and other models have also been temporarily suspended for public testing.
Xiaomi’s announcement this week showed that it has paid attention to the bugs that appeared in the MIUI development version’s status bar, theme wallpapers, etc. The MIUI Team has fixed some of them. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra development version has had a problem with a black screen after fingerprint unlocking. But this is under investigation. So in this update, you won’t get a fix.
MIUI Development Version Changelog
As for the update itself, this version comes with many optimizations in comparison to the version pushed to the Xiaomi and Redmi models earlier. Back in October, we learned that the MIUI development version comes with the following changelog:
After the Android 12 development version update, there is full screen dim as well as hovering notifications
- Android 12 development version brings constant restarts for some scenes
- The microphone is abnormal in some scenarios, especially on the Xiaomi Mi 10/Pro
- The Android 12 development version app store frequently prompts the need to open permissions
- The dark mode of the development app store/Xiaomi community is abnormally inverted
- After the development version restarts, the widgets occasionally disappear
- The development version of QQ/WeChat/Alipay, etc. open slowly
- The video/voice of the development version of WeChat and other third-party apps is very low.
If you own any of the mentioned models but still haven’t got a notification that an MIUI Development Version is available, you can follow this link and download it manually. However, you should be informed that the package size is 3.2GB and you must back up your files before updating.