There are reports that Chinese manufacturer, OnePlus, has no plans to release new phones this month. However, it appears that the company is preparing to bring OnePlus 9RT and OnePlus Buds Z2 to India. The source Mukul Sharma recently discovered the OnePlus 9RT and OnePlus Buds Z2 support pages on the OnePlus India website. This is an important hint that these two products will debut in India in a few days.
OnePlus 9RT should be exclusive to the Indian and Chinese markets. However, the company has not officially released this smartphone in the Indian market. OnePlus 9 RT and Buds Z2 were initially launched in the Chinese market in October this year. This is the successor to OnePlus 9R and a new headset product.
The official name of the new OnePlus phone seems a bit confusing. Although it is called OnePlus 9RT in the Chinese market, it is rumored that the company uses a different name for the same phone in India. There are speculations that this smartphone may be called OnePlus RT in India.
Furthermore, OnePlus will show off its new flagship phone OnePlus 10 Pro on January 5 next year. This flagship phone will debut in the Chinese market first.
OnePlus 9RT specifications
OnePlus 9RT comes with the flagship Snapdragon 888 processor. This device also uses a Samsung E4 AMOLED display, UFS 3.1 storage, and a Sony IMX766 sensor. Under the hood, it has a 4500mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging. This flagship smartphone also supports USB-C, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, an under-screen fingerprint reader, and Bluetooth 5.2. This smartphone comes with a 50-megapixel main camera, a 16-megapixel wide-angle camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 16-megapixel selfie camera. The rear camera can record 4K video at 60 frames, while the front camera can record 1080p video at 30 frames.
- 6.62-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 397 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, sRGB, Display P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12 (China only)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, dual LED flash, 16MP 123° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, EIS, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps, 720p at 480fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×74.6×8.29mm; Weight: 198.5g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
According to rumors, the price of OnePlus 9RT in India may be between 40,000 Indian rupees ($528) and 44,000 Indian rupees ($581).