A recent report reveals that Sony and a smartphone manufacturer jointly created an oversized sensor. The model is Sony IMX800 and it will surpass Samsung GN2. According to reports, the sensor size of the Sony IMX800 reaches 1/1.1 inch. This is larger than the 1/1.12 inch of the Samsung GN2, and the number of pixels is 50. It is worth noting that SamMobile claims that Xiaomi may launch this Sensor. The first Xiaomi model to use this camera may be the upcoming flagship Xiaomi 12 Ultra.
Previously, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra launched the Samsung GN2 sensor, the largest in the world. The size of the sensor reached 1/1.12 inches. At the same time, Xiaomi’s self-developed algorithm was added, and its comprehensive strength once dominated DXOMARK. In fact, this device was nicknamed “the light of Android”.
As the successor of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 12 Ultra may debut the Sony IMX800 image sensor. With the super-large bottom main camera, and then equipped with ultra-wide-angle and periscope telephoto and algorithm adjustment. With this camera configuration as well as its Leica tuning, the Xiaomi 12 Ultra may dominate DxOMark for a long time.
The Xiaomi 12 Ultra will officially arrive in Q2 this year. At present, the price of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra has been reduced, starting at 3999 yuan ($628). This wave of price cuts means that the official release of the Xiaomi Mi 12 Ultra is not far away, which is worth looking forward to.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED rear touch always-on display with 450 nits (peak) brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, f/4.1 aperture, 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, up to 1920fps slow motion
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.38mm; Weight: 234g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 67W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging