The Asus Transformer Prime is slated for a December release, but what is the specification of this Transforming Eee Pad?
The Asus Transformer Prime’s specification is going to really surprise customers and rival companies alike when the new Andorid tablet launches next month.
Not only does the Prime feature Asus trademark keyboard dock, the the Prime is also going to be one of the first Android tablets to get the new Nvidia Tegra 3 Kal El Quad-core cpu, and the latest release of Android, Ice-cream sandwich 4.0.
But that’s not all this $499 wonder tablet is going to get! As the specification sheet published over at Gizchina states, the Transformer Prime will also get a rear 8 mega-pixel camera with advanced aperature technology, a front 1.2 mega pixel camera, a 10.1 inch SUPER ISP touch panel with excellent viewing capabilities, and a whopping 18 hour battery life!
Full Asus Transformer Prime Specification
- 10.1″ super IPS display. Gorilla glass 10 point multi-touch and 1280 x 800 resolution.
- Although the Prime was meant to come with Android 3.2 it will actually ship with 4.0 hence a short delay in shipping.
- NVIDIA Tegra quad-core processor and 1GB of DDR2 RAM
- 32GB – 64GB of on board storage, plus SD card reader and Asus webstorage.
- WIFI B/G/N, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- 8MP f2.4 camera in the back, 1.2MP front camera
- 3.5mm audio in+out connector, micro-HMDI.
- 18 hours hour battery life when connected to optional dock.
- Dimensions: 263×180.8×8.3mm
- Weight: 586g
All of those specifications are iPad 2 smashing, and if Apple don’t up the ante, they could well sweep the floor with the rumored iPad 2S or iPad 3.
What really surprises us is the battery life of the Transformer Prime! The tablet is running a 4 core processor, but has a battery-life nearly twice that of the dual-core iPad 2!
Then there are the cameras which are lightyears ahead of the units on any of Apple’s current mobile products, plus the functionality of the dock/keyboard!
Best of all though is the fact Asus have accomplished all this with a tablet that only cost $499! It really is an amazing achievment and we can wait to get our hands on one for testing!