Amazon must have known just how popular their Kindle Fire tablet was going to be when they released it, as it is quiet simply the hottest tablet you can get your hands on these days!
People from all walks of life have picked up they relatively cheap, easy to use and stylish Kindle Fire, with some of the 7-inch tablets make their way in to the hands of developers and hackers, and as is the case they have manage to root Amazon’s latest and even install the Android market on the hand held device!
If you want to install the Android Market on your Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet keep reading!
How to Install The Android Market on the Amazon Kindle Fire
First you will need to Root your tablet. If you haven’t already done so you will need to use the SuperOneClick 2.2 tool.
Once the rooting is out of the way, download the following apps and files:
- Version 3.3.11 Vending.apk
- Root Explorer App
Now you have the apk’s and files going in to the settings of the Kindle Fire and choose the option “Allow Installation of Application from unknown source” On.
Gizchina News of the week
Instruction to install Android Market on Kindle Fire
1. Transfer the .apk files to your Kindle Fire via PC / Mac.
2. Open Root Explorer App, and navigate to the transferred .apk files
3. Select the GoogleServiceFramework.apk and install
4. When finished, choose “Done” and return where you placed the Vending.apk
5. Press and hold on Vending.apk and then select the “Move” option
6. Head over to the /system/app folder
7. Change mount option from RO to RW (read-only to read-write)
8. Paste Vending.apk into the /system/app folder
9. Press and hold on Vending.apk and select “Permissions” from the menu
10. Change permissions to match all other apps in this folder (rw-r–r–)
11. Reboot your Kindle Fire
But wait a moment the Android Market still isn’t showing on my Kindle Fire’s home screen!? Not to worry, due to Amazons swanky user interface the Android Market app won’t show up, so you will have to install on new UI from here.
Now that you have a rooted Kindle Fire, and the Android market, you can sit back, relax and download some fantastic unofficial apps and game to truly personalise your Fire tablet!
I did everything above and the market installed. But when I select a app from the market it will not download it. It just says downloading starting and never finishes. My Internet connection is working fine(I’m using my kindle to do this) please help
Done all this, can browse all apps, but the download will never start, can see download indicator but that’s it. Any ideas?
Same issue here. Just a “Starting download..” message. It never does anything.
Same error here as for Smewteguy, Peter and David ¿some news?