The ability to take screenshots on your Android tablet or Android phone is extremely useful, however it’s not always obvious how to take a screenshot.
Below we have written up 3 methods to make a screen shot on Android.
Method 1: The Simple Easy Way
Ok, the simplest and easiest way to capture a screenshot on your Android phone or tablet is by using the shortcuts built in to the device by the manufacturer.
Try pressing a combination of buttons for example:
- Press the power button with the home button.
- The power button and the volume up/volume down button.
- The menu and home button
- Or any combination of buttons
If you here a camera ‘click’ or your screen flashes great! You should now have a screen shot saved in your gallery, if not try method 2.
Method 2: Android Screenshot App
There are simply tons of Android Screen shot apps available on the Android market, but our favorite has to be “Screen Capture Shortcut FREE”.
Method 3: Taking Screen shots with the Android SDK
- First, do you have the Android SDK installed? No, then you’ll need to do it first.
- Enable USB Debugging by heading to: Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable.
- Go to ‘Tools’ in Android SDK and run the batch file named ‘ddms’
- You should now see your device connected.
- Under device choose ‘Screen Capture’
- And there you have a screen shot of your Android phone or tablet!
Do you have any other methods to get capture a screen shot on Android? We would love to hear them, so please tell us in the comments sections below