The ability to take screenshots on your Android tablet or Android phone is extremely useful, however it’s not always obvious how to take a screenshot.
Below we have written up 3 methods to make a screen shot on Android.
Method 1: The Simple Easy Way
Ok, the simplest and easiest way to capture a screenshot on your Android phone or tablet is by using the shortcuts built in to the device by the manufacturer.
Try pressing a combination of buttons for example:
- Press the power button with the home button.
- The power button and the volume up/volume down button.
- The menu and home button
- Or any combination of buttons
If you here a camera ‘click’ or your screen flashes great! You should now have a screen shot saved in your gallery, if not try method 2.
Method 2: Android Screenshot App
There are simply tons of Android Screen shot apps available on the Android market, but our favorite has to be “Screen Capture Shortcut FREE”.
Gizchina News of the week
Method 3: Taking Screen shots with the Android SDK
- First, do you have the Android SDK installed? No, then you’ll need to do it first.
- Enable USB Debugging by heading to: Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable.
- Go to ‘Tools’ in Android SDK and run the batch file named ‘ddms’
- You should now see your device connected.
- Under device choose ‘Screen Capture’
- And there you have a screen shot of your Android phone or tablet!
Do you have any other methods to get capture a screen shot on Android? We would love to hear them, so please tell us in the comments sections below