Meizu have been on a release and launch marathon this week, with the Chinese company launching the Quad Core version of the MX, an updated dual core MX and now Flyme 1.0.1 OS for all Meizu Android phones! Flyme 1.0.1 is based on Android Ice-cream Sandwich 4.0.3 and bring a whole host of great new features to all Android Meizu phones meaning anyone with the Meizu M9, MX Dual Core or MX Quad Core can download the new OS now and take advantage of the following great features!
Flyme 1.0.1 Features
- Google Account can be added from the Settings – no need for 3rd party apps.
- Automatically adds APN for internet and MMS
- You can change the start of the week in the Calendar app (Saturday, Sunday or Monday) – finally!
- Calendar can notify you for upcoming birthdays
- Gallery app can edit photos now (add various artistic filters, do all kinds of corrections, crop, straighten, rotate, flip and you can even draw on photos)
- Menu button made redundant in many of the default apps, instead you now use the action bar at the bottom
- You can now add favorite folders to the quick access bar on the left in Documents app
- If you install 3rd party Launchers they will be set as default when you first launch them, but if you want to change that, you have to go into Settings > Customize > Default Launcher and select you’re desired one
- Can now select Input Method from the drop-down notification menu
- Press and hold the right side of a photo in the Gallery app to adjust screen brightness
- Pinch to zoom in Camera
- You can slide up and down on a movie during playback to adjust screen brightness
- Press the homescreen indicator to get a preview of all of your homescreens and press on any of them to quickly jump to the desired screen (scrollable!).
- The Meizu MX now has a burst shooting mode (shoots 5 photos in max. resolution in about a second)
There are also some great new global hotkey combinations which work from the lockscreen and every application:
- Home + Power = Screenshot
- Home + Volume = Quickly take a photo
- Power + Volume = Mute on/off
Watch The Flyme 1.0.1 Intro Video
Download Flyme 1.0.1 Here!
If you like me can’t wait to try out all of these great new Flyme 1.0.1 OS features on your Android Meizu phone then you will want to download and install the latest ROM now![Download_Box]Download links for Flyme 1.01 for Meizu MX and M9
- Download Flyme 1.0.1 for Meizu MX
- Download Flume 1.0.1 for Meizu M9
Once you update to Flyme 1.0.1 (Android 4.0.3) you will now be able to downgrade to Android 2.3 builds.[/Warning_Box]
Via: Meizume and Meizu