Xiaomi has been on a bit of a launch spree, with the newest being the Mi Notebook and the Redmi Pro smartphone. That said, the Redmi 3S that launched a few weeks before these products is something that’s more suited to the ‘budget’ image of the Redmi series.
Anyway, news is that the Redmi 3S will launch in India day after, i.e., on the 3rd of August. The last Redmi series phone to launch in India — the Redmi Note 3 — has been selling like hot cakes, and Xiaomi will want to ride the wave with the Redmi 3S.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Specifications:
- 5-inch 1280 x 720px HD IPS display
- Octa-core Snapdragon 430 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB ROM / 3GB RAM with 32GB ROM
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13 mega-pixel rear camera with PDAF
- 5 mega-pixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR blaster
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
The Redmi 3S comes in two variants — 2GB and 3GB RAM — in China, with the devices carrying price tags of 699 and 899 yuan ($106/$136) respectively. Going by that pricing, the 2GB RAM variant should sell for ~7,000 INR while the 3GB RAM version could go for ~9,000 INR in India.
However, we don’t know yet if both versions will be announced. It seems like August is going to be an exciting month for Chinese tech fans in India, with launches lined up from Xiaomi, Lenovo, Huawei (to name a few).