Huawei’s sub-brand Honor upcoming smartphone – the Honor Magic 2 with it slider camera mechanism has in the past few weeks appeared in a number of leaks, while the firm has also indirectly confirmed device, having sent out media invite to the smartphone’s launch on October 31, just a day after Apple’s launch event.
Now, with only a few days to the official launch, the Honor Magic 2 has now been certified by TENAA in China, where it will first make its debut. Although the listing at the moment does not have the usual four image samples, it does reveal the model number and virtually all the detail specs of the device.
Expected to arrive in only black colour option, the TENAA listing suggests the Honor Magic 2 will come fitted with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, while it will be powered by the same SoC found in the Mate 20 series – the newly unveiled Huawei Kirin 980 SoC. It is expected to come in two variants – one with 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage and another with up to 8GB of RAM+256GB storage which could be the rumoured limited Honor Magic 2 Telsa model.
Honor Magic 2 rumoured specifications
Gizchina News of the week
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 Display
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB storage/ 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- 16MP rear camera, 24MP secondary camera, 16MP Telephoto lens, LED flash
- 16MP front camera, 2 TOF lenses for 3D face unlock
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 157.32×75.13×8.3mm; Weight: 206g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 3400mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge
In line with the growing trend and in contradiction to earlier leaks, the TENAA listing reveals the Honor magic 2 will come with a triple rear camera setup of 16-megapixel, 24-megapixel and a 16-megapixel telephoto lens with LED flash, as well as triple front camera setup comprising of a 16-megapixel sensor with two TOF lenses for 3D face unlock. Fortunately, the device will boot Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 out of the box, while it will come fitted with a 3400mAh battery with 40-watt Magic Charger.
The Honor magic 2 official launch event is scheduled for October 31st in China. We will update you with images and more info as soon as they pop up.