Strategy Analytics recently released the ‘Global Smart Speaker Market Report for the Third Quarter of 2018’. According to the report, global smart speaker shipments reached 22.7 million units in the third quarter, a year-on-year increase of 197%, a record high.
The report shows that the global speaker market share of Q3 in 2018 is as follows:
- Amazon shipped 7.2 million smart speakers worldwide, with a market share of 31.6%, ranking first;
- Google shipped 5.2 million smart speakers worldwide, with a market share of 22.7%, ranking second;
- Ali shipped 2.2 million smart speakers worldwide, with a market share of 9.5%, ranking third;
- Baidu’s smart speakers have a global shipment of 1.9 million units, with a market share of 8.4%, ranking fourth;
- Xiaomi’s smart speakers’ global shipments are 1.9 million units, with a market share of 8.4%, ranked fifth, and has a small gap with Baidu;
Apple’s smart speakers have a global shipment of 1.1 million units, with a market share of 4.8%, ranking sixth;
Gizchina News of the week
As we can see, the global share of Amazon’s smart speakers has fallen sharply compared to last year, but shipments have been rising, reaching 32%. Google’s market share is 23%. Thereafter, the Chinese smart speaker market has expanded rapidly this year, becoming the largest smart speaker market outside the US, among which Ali, Baidu, and Xiaomi have become the top three companies in the domestic smart speaker market.
Compared with the previous quarter, the biggest change in this quarter is the strong intrusion of Baidu’s smart speakers, occupying the top four positions of Q3 shipments. Some analysts pointed out that the increase in the market share of Baidu’s smart speakers is mainly due to its small-scale smart speakers released in June.