Oppo introduced the triple camera touting Oppo R17 Pro about two months ago. The device has since made it to a few other countries outside of China, and now, the company has officially announced a launch date for the device in India.
Following a couple of teasers, Oppo India has reportedly sent out media invites to a launch event in India where the Oppo R17 pro will be unveiled. The event holds December December 4 in Mumbai, India. Time and venue remain to be known.
Available in a unique gradient color glass back that the maker calls “Fog gradient”, the Oppo R17 pro when launched in India will take on latest flagships from the likes of OnePlus and Samsung. One of the major selling points of the Oppo R17 Pro is arguably its rear camera setup – the device sports the industry second triple rear camera setup, comprising of a 12MP sensor with variable aperture (f/1.5-2.4) and OIS, a 20MP secondary sensor with f/1.6 aperture and a third Time of Flight (TOF) 3D sensing camera that calculates depth information for 3D-like photos. Above the display, the device equally gets a capable 25-megapixel sensor with which you can capture beautiful selfies and video calling.
Under the hood, the device gets a 3,700 mAh, which is actually separated into two equal halves – 1,850 mAh each with support for the 50W SuperVOOC charging technology which should deliver up to 40% charge in 10 minutes with the provided charger.
Other specs are equally impressive – including a 6.4 inch AMOLED waterdrop display with 2340*1080 pixels with the screen ratio of 91.5% and protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Under the hood, the Oppo R17 Pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset with a clock speed of 2.2GHz, coupled with 8GB of RAM, and an Adreno 616 GPU and 128 GB internal storage.
OPPO R17 Pro specifications
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.5/2.4 variable aperture, OIS, 20MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, TOF 3D camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.6×74.6×7.9mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1 Type-C, NFC
- 3700mAh battery with (10V/5A) SuperVOOC fast charging
Pre-orders for the device will reportedly commence on Saturday, December 1. Pricing and shipping date remain to be known.