The Samsung Galaxy M40 has officially landed in India. Korean giant Samsung announced the device at a launch event in India earlier today and is the fourth in the all-new Galaxy M series targeted at the young in heart who prefer shopping online. Targeted at devices from rival phone makers such as HMD Global, Realme, and Xiaomi, the Galaxy M40 is expected to go on sale starting noon of June 18 only on Amazon.in and on Samsung’s own online shop in beautiful Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue gradient colors options. The device goes for just Rs. 19,990 or $290 thereabout.
The specs, features, and design of the Samsung Galaxy M40 are all familiar, and that perhaps is because the device is nothing new, but a rebadged Galaxy A60 for the Indian market. It ditches the standard 3.5 mm audio for the USB Type-C earphones which comes with the device off the box, but with no 3.5mm to USB Type-C connector.
The M40 is encased in a polycarbonate body with cured edges and gradient finish fitted with a fingerprint scanner, and of course a triple camera setup including a 32MP main sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture. Turn the M40 over, and you will be greeted with a large 6.3-inch screen with the Infinity-O display with Full HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and over 91% screen-to-body ratio. It is coated with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and more importantly, the Galaxy M40 has an on-screen sound technology which turns the display into a speaker.
Gizchina News of the week
Under its hood is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage expandable up to 512GB. The device boots Android 9 Pie out of the box, get dual SIM slot and a 3500mAh battery with 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy M40 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 32MP rear camera with LED flash with f/1.7 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 155.2 x 73.9 x 7.9mm ; Weight: 169g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging