LG mobile is all set for this year’s IFA conference in Berlin. The S. Korean electronic major today added a new smartphone to its smartphone lineup – the LG Q70. The device is the sequel to the LG Q60 announced at the MWC back in February and is the Korean firm’s first device with the Hole-In-Display which is LG’s term for the punch-hole design.
Made of glass back, with a metal frame, the LG Q70 gets virtually the same design as the Q60, but for the slight change in the design up front. You get the same triple rear camera setup as well as a rear fingerprint sensor, but on the front, the device drops the water-drop design for a Hole-In-Display.
It flaunts a larger 6.4” in screen with Full HD+ resolution and a punch-hole design which is home to a 16MP front camera. Under the hood, the LG Q70 is powered by a Snapdragon 675 coupled with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage which you can expand up to 2TB using microSD card.
On the flip side, the device comes fitted with a triple camera setup comprising of a – 32-megapixel main sensor coupled with a 13-megapixel ultra-wide lens with a 120-degree FoV, and a 5-megapixel depth-sensing camera for portrait shots.
Gizchina News of the week
It gets a4,000 mAh battery with Quick charge 3.0, while it boots Android 9 Pie out of the box. The device shares some features with a number of LG flagship offerings including; IP68 rating, 32-bit Quad DAC audio, DTS:X 3D Stereo Sound, military-grade sturdiness and a dedicated Google Assistant button.
LG Q70 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2310 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.5:9 aspect ratio Full Vision Display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 32MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide camera, 5MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:162.1×76.8×8.3mm; Weight: 198g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance, Google Assistant Button
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with QC 3.0 fast charging
The LG Q70 will go on sale in Korea starting from September 6th and will be available only in Mirror Black color option. It is priced at 5,48,900 won /US$ 453. The same device alongside the K50s and K40s will be on display at the upcoming IFA in Berlin.